Researchers who are not affiliated with the University of Amsterdam are welcome to join ASCA as a guest researcher for a period of 6 to 12 months.
What we offer:
- Guest researchers at ASCA have full access to the program;
- They will receive the monthly newsletter;
- Guests receive a staff card which gives access to the library and other facilities;
- Guests receive an UvAnet ID by which they can upload a personal page on the UvA website;
- They can use workspace in the library and other university buildings;
- They have free access and to secured WIFI Eduroam;
- ASCA can bring guests into contact with the UvA Housing Department to assist you finding a place to stay.
Duration of your stay:
- As a rule, the maximum duration of guest status is one year, with the possibility of two extensions, each for a period of one year.
- The minimum duration is 6 months. If you want to stay for a shorter period, you are welcome to join the program, but we are not able to provide you with a staff card and UvAnet ID. A library card, however, can be obtained at the university library. See the UB website.
How to go about it:
- All guest researchers need to have a host, a staff member of ASCA who is willing to support their application. So your first step is to find yourself a host by studying the research program, the seminars and reading groups, and the members list and contact someone who shares your research interests, or who’s research group or seminar you would like to join.
- Write a short paragraph (max. 150 words) of what you plan to do and which group, seminar or reading group you would like to join. This paragraph should be included in the application form (see below).
- Fill out the guest research application form (see below), have it co-signed by your host, and send this, together with your CV and a copy of your ID to ASCA email@example.com.
- Normally within a month (longer if you need a visa), you will receive an e-mail with your UvAnet ID and the request to activate it and to upload your CV and ID into an online database.
Pay a visit to your host and to Eloe Kingma in the ASCA office (Kloveniersburgwal 48, room F111B) to receive more detailed information and have all your questions answered.