Mr A. (Argyrios) Emmanouloudis MA
Faculty of Humanities
Capaciteitsgroep Engelse taal en cultuur
I am a media studies researcher based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, working on my PhD on video game fandom and user-generated content as a means of resistance. I also became a teaching assistant of the course ‘Games’ offered by the University of Amsterdam. In my research interests are: user-generated content, popular culture and fandom, convergence, media effects and implications, media production, and audience research.
- Goggin, J., & Emmanouloudis, A. (2018). The Pro Wrestling Audience as Imagined Community: Reflecting on WWE’s Audience as a ‘Fan-Generated Narrative’ Body. In Colliding Inside the Squared Circle: The Convergent Nature of Professional Wrestling Routledge.
- Emmanouloudis, A. (Author). (2018). Defeating Sheng Long: How a Mistranslation Changed the Canon of a Franchise. Web publication/site, Retrieved from http://mediacommons.org/imr/2018/03/19/defeating-sheng-long-how-mistranslation-changed-canon-franchise
- Antonopoulos, N., Veglis, A., & Emmanouloudis, A. (2016). Media websites and their visitors’ choices on cookies. In The European Conference on Media, Communication & Film 2016: Official Conference Proceedings (pp. 61-71). The International Academic Forum. [details]
- Emmanouloudis, A. (Author). (2017). From a fan to a leader: The ‘Angry Video Game Nerd’ case and movie ‘fanding’. Web publication/site, In Media Res.Retrieved from http://mediacommons.futureofthebook.org/imr/2017/12/15/fan-leader-angry-video-game-nerd-case-and-movie-fanding [details]
Talk / presentation
- Emmanouloudis, A. (speaker) (27-6-2018). Gaining a ‘Fandvantage’: Financing and Community Building in On-line Video Game Fandom, Media tactics and engagements. , Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Goggin, J. (organiser) & Emmanouloudis, A. (organiser) (27-9-2018 - 28-9-2018). Association of Adaptation Studies Annual Conference 2018, Amsterdam (organising a conference, workshop, ...).
- Emmanouloudis, A. (participant) (2017). Theorising the Popular, Liverpool, United Kingdom (participating in a conference, workshop, ...).
- Emmanouloudis, A. (participant) (18-11-2017 - 19-11-2017). Dutch Comic Con: Winter Edition (other).
- Emmanouloudis, A. (participant) (18-6-2016). The Wrestling Symposium (other).
- Emmanouloudis, A. (participant) (12-11-2015). Europen Fan Cultures 2015, Rotterdam, Netherlands. You are not alone. The emergence of fan communities around user generated content: A comparative analysis (participating in a conference, workshop, ...).