ASCA is happy to provide assistance and funding to its members (staff and PhD’s) for the organization of research activities, such as workshops, conferences, seminars and public lectures.
The ASCA office can assist with booking rooms, ordering catering and announcing the event.
Applications for funding should meet the following criteria:
- the event should be organized by an ASCA member and be relevant and open to other researchers in cultural analysis;
- in principle ASCA does not offer fees to speakers (sometimes exceptions are made for artists and activists)
- the funding application should be sent well in advance of the event or deadline for submissions and should include a short description of the event, the names of the organizers and a budget
- at least one month before the event or the deadline for submissions, ASCA receives an announcement in English for the website and the newsletter;
- ASCA is acknowledged in all materials related to the event as (co-)organizer;
- ASCA only sponsors events which are inclusive and respect diversity.
Depending on the needs of the organizers and ASCA’s available budget, ASCA will sponsor events for a maximum amount of € 1.000,- .
Support for Artistic Research Projects
In line with ASCA’s interest in the promotion of artistic research, ASCA members may apply for support for artistic projects (exhibitions, films, performances). The following criteria need to be met:
- There must be a clear connection between the artistic project and the academic research of the applicant;
- The support must be applied for before the start of the project;
- ASCA must be credited as a contributor to the project;
- Ideally, the project will be presented to the ASCA community (through, for instance, a screening or exhibition tour);
- A maximum of 1,000 Euro can be applied for and the application should include a budget detailing all other funding applied for/received;
- Support can only be received by the same researcher once every three calendar years.